Seeking Applicants for Fifth Board Member Position
The Cambridge Retirement System is looking for applicants interested in serving as the 5th member of the Retirement System. The 5th member works with the other four members to ensure that the Retirement System is run in accordance with MGL Chapter 32 as well as local board procedures and policies. Applicants for the 5th member seat may not be an employee, retiree, member of the Cambridge Retirement System or an official of the City of Cambridge, Cambridge Housing Authority, Cambridge Redevelopment Authority or Cambridge Health Alliance. There is a monthly stipend of $375.00 for Board members. Cambridge resident preferred.
- Familiarity with MGL Chapter 32
- An understanding of the Disability Retirement process
- Background in health, law, finance and/or worker’s compensation
- Availability/Flexibility to attend meetings and trainings
- Willingness to meet with membership if asked
The 5th Members will be required to:
- Complete 18 hours of training to continue serving during their three-year term. A minimum of three hours of training must be completed annually but no more than 9 hours may be credited in any one year.
- File an Annual Statement of Financial Interest with the Public Employee Retirement Administration Commission.
The Board meets monthly, usually the first Monday of each month at 5:00 pm. Additionally, the Board has at least four quarterly Investment Meetings. The meetings are held at 100 CambridgePark Drive, Suite 101, Cambridge, MA.
Interested applicants should send a letter of interest and resume to Ellen Philbin, Executive Director of the Cambridge Retirement System via email at email@example.com by 12:00 noon on Friday, November 3, 2017.